BARRIER REPAIR MOISTURIZER
A lightweight, intensely hydrating moisturizer that protects and nourishes skin with plant-derived and skin-identical active ingredients. Formulated with a balance between the lightweight, nourishing oils of Kalahari melon, Raspberry and Camelia seed and the rich and softening shea and mango butters, this moisturizer provides skin with optimal hydration and protection from trans epidermal water loss and promotes healthy skin barrier function. Calendula and chamomile extracts provide anti-inflammatory, healing and soothing benefits, while helichrysum extract has anti-aging benefits. Hyaluronic acid hydrates and plumps the skin, while ceramides restore the skin’s barrier and protect against environmental damage like irritants and pollution.
Apply two to three pumps of moisturizer to face and neck morning and night.
Our Garden Grown Botanical Complex (chamomile, calendula, rose, immortelle, hydrangea leaf): Grown and harvested in our botanical garden - these powerful plants are harvested at their peak and their beneficial compounds are infused into our eye cream.
Chamomile: packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, chamomile helps soothe the skin, reducing redness and irritation.
Immortelle: shown to have skin regenerative and protective benefits, immortelle helps fight against environmental damage and promotes skin health.
Calendula: known for its soothing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that promote skin healing and soothe irritations.
Hydrangea: hydrating and anti-aging. Active compounds found in the leaf have been shown to help improve wrinkles, hydration, skin elasticity, and skin texture.
Rose: deeply hydrating and soothing. Rose has astringent properties that help combat redness, and inflammation.
- Ceramide Complex: ceramides are lipids that make up a large portion of our skin barrier. They help the skin retain moisture and protect it from environmental damage. With age and through sun damage, the quality and quantity of ceramides decreases, resulting in a damaged skin barrier. This further leads to dryness, wrinkles and skin irritation. Our ceramide complex helps restore ceramides in the skin, thereby restoring skin barrier function and helping skin stay hydrated, smooth and supple.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): a skin-restoring vitamin that offers multiple anti-aging benefits. Niacinamide also reduces inflammation,
soothes skin and improves the appearance of uneven skin tone and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic acid: because it can hold up to 1000x its weight in water, hyaluronic acid is very hydrating and has a plumping effect on the skin. Our moisturizer is formulated with high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which allows for surface moisture retention as well as hydration deep within the layers of the skin, as the low molecular weight particles are able to better penetrate the epidermis.
- Bilberry extract: rich in antioxidants, bilberry extract helps facilitate the delivery of oxygen-rich blood to all layers of the skin, thereby improving the availability of other nutrients. Bilberry extract acts as a skin-conditioning agent, softening and plumping the skin.
- Shea and Mango butter: powerful emollients that soak into the skin and create a moisture-sealing barrier. Rich in stearic, palmitic, and linoleic acids, these butters help strengthen this skin barrier to lock in moisture and provide relief from inflammation.
- Kalahari Melon oil: rich in palmitic and oleic acids and contains high levels of linoleic acid, a fatty acid that plays a key role in our overall skin health as a precursor for ceramides and as a structural component of the skin barrier. In addition to its nourishing properties, melon oil is also soothing to the skin, helping to combat inflammation caused by acne and other conditions.
- Squalane: a lightweight oil that moisturizes the skin and balances oil production without clogging pores.
- Camelia seed oil: a quick absorbing oil that improves the tone and texture of skin when combating environmental damage. Due to its lightweight profile, Camelia seed oil is a good option for acne prone skin, as it moisturizes without clogging pores.
- Raspberry seed oil: a lightweight oil known for its high content of essential fatty acids, specifically linoleic acid, and a rich source of tocopherols (antioxidants) which hydrate the skin and leave it feeling soft and smooth.
Normal, Combination and Oily.
Aqua/Water, Citrullus Lanatus (Kalahari Melon) Seed oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Propanediol, Camellia Japonica (Camellia) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, *Helichrysum Italicum (Immortelle) Flower Extract, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, *Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, *Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Extract, *Hydrangea Serrata Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Gluconolactone, Sodium benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Vaccinium Myrtillius (Bilberry) Extract, Carbomer, and Sodium Phytate.
*Grown and harvested in our botanical garden
No added fragrance. Moisturizer may have a light scent due to the inclusion of botanical plant extracts.
Full size: 50 ml
Handcrafted in Canada