Here is an ultra-lightweight aloe-based serum that looks spearmint-y and smells of a spring meadow to some, and of just-picked strawberries to others. It is a dew-consistency almost-liquid that is close to oil-free, but effectively hydrates and improves the appearance of all types of skin. And it makes your toner or mist optional. We recommend using this serum as the first moisturizing step, before a facial oil or oil-based serum.
Shake often to remix. Apply the serum generously onto freshly washed face. Most skin types will benefit from following immediately with a moisturizer, oil or balm. (For sensitive skin types, though, we recommend applying aloe serums like this one over an oil or emollient moisturizer.) If using a slower-absorbing product as the next step, such as a thick oil-based serum or balm, it often works best to wait a moment until Nap in the Meadow is absorbed.
Nap in the Meadow delivers a broad range of benefits in a single product: deep hydration, strong anti-inflammatory action, anti-oxidants, anti-aging benefits, refreshing effects, and even some acne reducing, tissue repairing, and sunburn and sun damage repair. The ingredients include:
- Turmeric CO2 supercritical extract: Ava chose this turmeric form because it provides incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, yet is nonirritating.
- Yarrow oil: This deep blue oil from Bulgaria is distilled from white yarrow flowers and is one of the top anti-inflammatory essential oils, along with German blue chamomile and helichrysum. We used all of these oils in Nap in the Meadow, as each contributes slightly different effects. Yarrow oil is nondrying, yet it helps heal acne and balance excessively oily skin, and it soothes inflammatory skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema.
- German blue chamomile oil: German chamomile flowers are white and yellow but their distilled oil is a dark blue. It is one of Ava's very top ingredients for decreasing skin inflammation (apparent as unhealthy redness) and pain (extremely helpful with painful acne breakouts).
- Helichrysum (Italian everlasting): Helichrysum oils are very expensive and are the number-one essential oils for revitalizing skin tissue in an utterly soothing manner (helichrysum is so mild, it can be used undilluted on burns). We source our organic helichrysum from Bosnia. It is extremely beneficial for wrinkles, sagging of the skin, other signs of skin aging, scar healing, and sunburn.
- Two different lavender species from France: Lavender oil is one of the top active skin care ingredients, and it is used here to revitalize skin and address persistent dryness more than for the fragrance. For this formula, we chose wild lavender from France, hand-gathered and distilled by an artisan distiller. Its fragrance is very delicate and complex. Our second lavender is also from France and it contributes a sweeter and more floral aroma, without any sharpness.
- Rose geranium and geranium bourbon: High-quality, unadulterated geranium oils with beautiful scents are hard to source. Ava's finds are exquisite: floral yet delicate, never heavy, in terms of fragrance. Geranium is one of the top essential oils for dry and mature skin.
- Elderberry extract: An incredible dose of antioxidants to delay skin aging and reverse UV damage.
- Galbanum: This essential oil is made from galbanum resin, an ancient wound-healing agent for slow-to-heal skin conditions and also used as an anti-inflammatory agent. Included here to aid skin tissue repair and scar healing and prevention.
- Copaiba balsam resin: Another healing resin, this one from Brazil, used here to contribute acne-healing properties.
- Aloe: Most of us love aloe in place of water in facial care products, and this cold-press whole-leaf aloe is pure, fresh, and thickened just a touch by natural xanthan gum. It provides skin tissue repair, relief from sunburn, inflammation reduction, faster healing of any irritation, and highly and quickly absorbable moisture.
- The preservative: We used a very progressive, all-natural preservative from our most trusted preservative manufacturer in the US, specially formulated for sensitive skin, that has been scientifically proven to increase skin moisturization over the long term, which is a huge deal considering that so many previous-generation natural preservatives were a tad drying.
Nap in the Meadow has a very light consistency and smells of flowers, aloe and mint. It absorbs quickly and feels cooling on the skin.
For all skin types, especially dry and dehydrated, mature, acne, combination, oily, and skin with eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis. If you have allergies or skin sensitivities but are able to tolerate products with nonirritant essential oils as active ingredients, you should be able to tolerate this product well.
Cold-press whole-leaf Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract, Curcuma longa (turmeric) root Supercritical CO2 Select extract*, caprylyl capryl glucoside (naturally derived), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil (* and †), Achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil*, Helichrysum italicum (Italian everlasting) oil*, Marticaria recutita (German blue chamomile) oil*, potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), organic Pelargonium graveolens (geranium bourbon) oil, Pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil*, Copaifera officinalis (copaiba balsam) resin†, Ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) oil*, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vit. C), Rosa woodsii (Wood’s rose) flower essence†, Phlox longifolia (pink phlox) flower essence†, Achillea millefolium (white yarrow) flower essence†, Lupinus argenteus (silvery lupine) flower essence†.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Aloe certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch. Contains gluten.
Full size: 30 ml
Handcrafted in Washington
Store away from direct light exposure. Ideally REFRIGERATE to protect freshness and enhance the cooling, refreshing, and depuffing properties.
If redness or sensitivity appears when you first use Nap in the Meadow, allow your skin to adjust to the product gradually, by using only a thin layer once a day for the first 7–14 days.